We ask that you consider making a financial gift to help us sustain our supplies throughout the year and ensure that our women and children have their personal needs met while in one of our shelters or participating in our Outreach Program.
Your gift of money ensures that we can purchase what we need most when we need it, to help women and kids fleeing abusive homes. We may also be able to do more with your money by buying in bulk and using supplier discounts and incentives.
Wish List updated – October 19th, 2016
Because of the generosity of our community, our shelves are filled with gifts and toys for the women and children we serve. Unless listed below, we are not in need of these items and cannot accept them.
We do not have the resources or storage space to manage additional donated items, therefore we will accept ONLY items on our wish list.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT DONATIONS OF SAMPLE SIZED OR SMALL SIZED TOILETRIES OR PERSONAL CARE ITEMS.
We are currently in need of the following items our shelters:
EVERY DAY ITEMS
- Stylish casual clothes (not business wear, or fancy clothes) of all sizes
- KIDS Clothes
- House coats/robes and hard bottomed slippers
- Practical Shoes
- Pajamas: flannel & cotton
- Practical winter boots
- Winter coats: sporty, not fancy
HEALTH & BEAUTY:
- Large Diapers, size 4,5,6
- Pull Ups, size 3T and 4T
- Baby Wipes
- Full sized bath towels for both children and adults
- Black hair care products
- Shampoo & conditioner – FULL SIZED – Kids and adult
- Liquid Hand Soap – Individual (refillable, NOT sample sized)
- Body Wash – FULL SIZE
- Shaving Cream
- Deodorant (not travel sized)
- Hair brushes & combs
- Yoga Mats
- Writing journals & pens
- computer paper for homework and application forms
- paper clips, envelopes for applications, forms, etc.
- Postage Stamps
- DVD Player
- Disney DVD Movies
- Recently released (non-violent) DVD movies
- CD players for meditation and quiet time
TICKETS & PASSES
- Grand River Transit Bus Tickets (click here to see where you can purchase bus tickets)
- Gift cards for: President’s Choice, Giant Tiger, Loblaws, Food Basics, Visa, MasterCard, Restaurants, Tim Hortons, Walmart, Chapters, Movie Passes
We only accept newly purchased items. If you have USED clothing, furniture, toys, or other donations that are not on the list above, please see the contact information for our partners below.
Please call ahead before dropping off your donations to (519) 741-9184 to ensure we are able to accept them at this time.
If you require more information about our Wish List or financial donations, please call 519.741.9184 ext.2003 or email email@example.com
NOTE- what we CAN NOT accept:
We are UNABLE to accept donations of USED items including clothing, linens, toys and small sample and travel sized toiletries or opened toiletries.
We also do not accept on site donations of furniture or large household items, electronics or appliances.
Please donate these items to one of our community partners so that, in turn, our residents can take advantage of your generosity: