We ask that you consider making a financial gift to help us sustain our supplies throughout the year and ensure that our women and children have their personal needs met while in one of our shelters or participating in our Outreach Program.
Your gift of money ensures that we can purchase what we need most when we need it, to help women and kids fleeing abusive homes. We may also be able to do more with your money by buying in bulk and using supplier discounts and incentives.
Wish List updated – August 11, 2016
Because of the generosity of our community, our shelves are filled with toiletries, gifts and toys for the women and children we serve. Unless listed below, we are not in need of these items and cannot accept them.
We do not have the resources or storage space to manage additional donated items, therefore we will accept ONLY items on our wish list.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT DONATIONS OF SAMPLE SIZED OR SMALL SIZED TOILETRIES OR PERSONAL CARE ITEMS.
We are currently in need of the following items our shelters:
BACK TO SCHOOL ITEMS:
- Girls Pants/Jeans: Sizes 4-14 (with an emphasis on sizes 5-12)
- Girls Long Sleeve tops/Sweaters/Hoodies: Sizes 7-12
- Boys Pants/Jeans: Sizes 4-14 (with an emphasis on sizes 5-12)
- Boys Long Sleeve Tops/hoodies: Sizes 6-14
- Peanut free school snacks
- Juice boxes (no sugar added)
- Water bottles (stainless steel or BPA FREE)
- Small snack containers (for cut up fresh fruits, salad etc.)
- Ice packs
- Waterproof Labels for lunch boxes and water bottles, if possible. (the ones where you can print your own name)
- pencil cases
- pens & liquid paper
- rulers, scissors, glue
- binders and dividers
- planners & journals
- pencil crayons, crayons and markers (fine tip)
EVERY DAY ITEMS
- Women’s t-shirts
- Women’s shorts
- Boys shorts and pants (not infant)
- Girls shorts and pants (not infant)
- Flip-flops, or causal sandals (no heals)
- Sunscreen (adult)
- Summer hats
- Brooms, Dust pans, mops, buckets
- Baby monitors
- House coats, robes
- Large Diapers, size 4,5,6
- Full sized bath towels for both children and adults
- Pillows, pillow cases
- single bed comforters, quilts and blankets
- Diabetes and compression socks
- Hot/Cold compress (aka Magic Bag)
- Black women hair products
- Kids and adult FULL SIZED shampoo and conditioner
- Individual (refillable, NOT sample sized) Liquid Hand Soap
- Disney Movies (DVD)
- Boys clothing sizes 2T-6
- Shaving Cream
- Deodourant (not travel sized)
- Writing journals
- Children’s Comforters and bed sets
- Fitted crib sheets
- Laundry hampers, and Rubbermaid bins.
- cd players for meditation and quiet time
- Grand River Transit Bus Tickets (click here to see where you can purchase bus tickets)
- Postage Stamps, computer paper for homework and forms, pens, paper clips, envelopes for applications, forms, etc.
- Gift cards for: President’s Choice, Giant Tiger, Loblaws, Food Basics, Visa, MasterCard, Bingeman’s, Restaurants, Tim Hortons, Walmart, Chapters, Movie Passes
We only accept newly purchased items. If you have USED clothing, furniture, toys, or other donations that are not on the list above, please see the contact information for our partners below.
Please call ahead before dropping off your donations to (519) 741-9184 to ensure we are able to accept them at this time.
If you require more information about our Wish List or financial donations, please call 519.741.9184 ext.2003 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE- what we CAN NOT accept:
We are UNABLE to accept donations of USED items including clothing, linens, toys and small sample and travel sized toiletries or opened toiletries.
WE WILL NOT be accepting donations of any WINTER or FALL clothing at this time.
We also do not accept on site donations of furniture or large household items.
Please donate these items to one of our community partners so that, in turn, our residents can take advantage of your generosity: