We are seeking an energetic, creative, motivated individual for the position of a Permanent Full Time Fund Development Manager.
Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Fund Development Manager is responsible
for developing and implementing a strategic, integrated fund development plan to build and sustain
donor support for Women’s Crisis Services of Waterloo Region.
- Manage day-to-day all fund development operations
- Review and approve bi-weekly Fund Development Assistant timesheets for payroll purposes. Monitor overtime hours, stat holidays, sick, vacation and float hours.
- Be responsible for the performance management of staff, along with completing individual annual performance appraisals ,which include staff compliance with agency Core Competencies
- Develop, implement and oversee all fundraising events and projects
- Liaison with internal and external parties to ensure proper execution of events
- Manage the creation and distribution of fundraising materials
- Assist the CEO to develop and implement community awareness campaigns, as required
- Research, develop, and implement pro-active media relation initiatives to leverage opportunities to increase the agency’s visibility
- Manage social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and e-newsletter; delegate when appropriate
- Manage media relations; including drafting media invites, press releases, and providing information to media as requested and approved by CEO
- Ensure expenses for events and projects are in accordance with all approved budgets
- Evaluate all event planning activities with a view to appropriateness, feasibility and cost effectiveness and prepare reports accordingly
- Manage existing donors and actively research and cultivate new prospects
- Complete grant applications as required
- Manage stewardship, gift fulfillment and donor relations
- Secure event sponsorships, program advertisers and in-kind donations
- Oversee implementation of direct mail campaigns
- Continually promote positive public relations, events and fundraising activities in the community
- Deliver fundraising speaking engagements
- Develop partnerships with other organizations or agencies to enhance resources network
- Hold staff and volunteers accountable when service delivery principles, agency policies and procedures are violated
- Actively participate in the management, meetings, other agency meetings and committees
- University Degree in a related discipline or a College Diploma in Fund Development or Fundraising from a College of recognized standing with a focus on public relations
- Hold current membership as a Certified Fundraising Executive
- Minimum of 5 years successful fund development experience in a non-profit agency; preference will be given to knowledge of violence against women
- Comprehensive knowledge of fundraising principles, practices, and techniques
- Ability to lead, motivate and support staff and volunteers
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally with staff, management, volunteers, suppliers, community partners and external stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of women’s issues and the dynamics of violence against women and children utilizing an anti-racist, anti-oppressive framework
- Proficiency in the use of a computer; skilled in use of databases, internet, social media, e-mail fundamentals, and advanced knowledge of software programs, including; Microsoft Word, Publisher, Power Point, and Excel.
- Graphic design experience an asset
- Demonstrated ability to be creative and innovative
- Ability to be self-directed and take initiative
- Proven success in securing event sponsors and in ticket driven fundraising events
- High level of professionalism and ability to manage smooth event logistics under pressure
- Solid and effective interpersonal and communication skills (including oral, written and visual)
- Superior organizational and time management skills; the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines along with accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated professional appearance and conduct
- Valid driver’s license, valid insurance and reliable vehicle.
As hiring will happen as soon as possible, interviewing will take place as potential candidates are chosen. Interested applicants are invited to send a detailed resume, including a cover letter with salary expectations immediately to:
Mary Zilney MSW, RSW
Chief Executive Officer
Women’s Crisis Services of Waterloo Region
700 Heritage Drive
Kitchener, ON N2A 3N9
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer.