Women’s Crisis Services of Waterloo Region operates two 24 hour emergency shelters; Anselma House in Kitchener and Haven House in Cambridge, plus an Outreach program for abused women and their children. We are a not-for-profit organization and work from an anti-racism and anti-oppressive framework.
We are seeking an energetic, creative, motivated individual for the position of a Permanent Part Time (15 hours per week) Fund Development Assistant. This is a non-union position who will report directly to the Fund Development Manager.
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence
- Maintain donor files; including; foundations, corporations and individuals
- Create monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed
- Continually input, update and correct database records
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate, foundation and individual donors
- Coordinate productions and mailing of spring and Xmas appeal letters
- Track tax credit donations in the database and keep a file for each tax credit donor
- Send appropriate documentation to process credits to donors
- Answer donor questions regarding tax credit programs
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for fundraising events
- Prepare media materials for distribution. (i.e. copying, filing, mailing, e-mailing)
- Assemble media and donor kits for events and meetings
- Coordinate the United Way giving campaign for the agency
- Must be available to flexible work hours (i.e. some evenings and weekends)
- Other duties as assigned by the Fund Development Manager.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in an administrative or fundraising position, preferably in a not-for-profit, fund development setting
- Sound knowledge of finance practices such as bank deposits, general ledger, balance reporting.
- Proficiency in the use of a computer; advanced knowledge and use of databases, internet and e-mail fundamentals, and a working knowledge of software programs, including Microsoft Word, Publisher, Power Point, Excel . Graphic design experience an asset
- Superior accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, set timelines
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Demonstrated ability to be creative and innovative
- Ability to be self-directed and take initiative
- High level of professionalism and ability to manage smooth event logistics under pressure
- Solid and effective interpersonal and communication skills (including oral, written and visual)
- Superior organizational and time management skills; the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated professional appearance and conduct
- Valid driver’s license, valid insurance and reliable vehicle.
As hiring will happen as soon as possible, interviewing will take place as potential candidates are chosen. Interested applicants are invited to send a detailed resume, including a cover letter with salary expectations immediately to:
Fund Development Manager
Women’s Crisis Services of Waterloo Region
700 Heritage Drive
Kitchener, ON N2A 3N9
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.